Monday 31 October 2011

Drugstore Make Up Reviews: Battle of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundations

Hi guys,
This is going to be my first makeup review, so bare with me :) One of my favourite makeup brands is Bourjois Paris, I absolutely love their face products, and my favourite foundation this past year has been their healthy mix foundation, I have used it religiously every day! I actually tried Garnier's BB Cream in the shade light, but it was actually too dark for my skin tone, so I gave it to my sister Chloe who now owns 2! Anyway, Bourjois recently came out with a new product called Healthy Mix Serum which is a gel foundation, I was running out of my regular Healthy Mix so I thought I'd try the Serum!

As you guys can probably tell I was nearing the end of the regular Healthy Mix on the right! I wear the lightest shade (51 Vanille Clair - Light Vanilla) in both products.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (Available at Boots and Superdrug) - £9.99
The first thing I'd like to say about this product is that it smells amazing and lasts all day! I'd describe the consistency as being quite light while giving good coverage. I would not advise you buy this foundation if you prefer a matte finish, as it gives you quite a dewy complexion which I personally love! The packaging says that the product contains Apricot for radiance, Melon for Hydraytion, Apple as an Antioxidant and Ginger for energy. It was also voted makeup product of the year 2011 in a consumer survey, which has to be good right?

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (Available at Boots and Superdrug) - £10.99
Firstly I apologise for the marks on the lid, I ripped the security lable thing of the top and now it's all sticky haha! I'd say the main difference between the two products is consitency - this serum gives a much lighter coverage and blends incredibly well! I'd say that it does cover redness and marks on skin, however, if you have a few blemishes or just generally prefer a thicker foundation go for the regualr Healthy Mix! This one is said to contain lychee, goji berries and pomegranate, meaning like the other one it smells amazing!

Final Verdict: I absolutely adore both products, that I can't simply say I prefer one to the other! However, I do prefer to wear them at different times depending upon the state of my skin. When my skin is clearer I tend to reach for the Serum, but if I have any blemishes or I'm feeling a little bit more insecure I tend to go for the regular Healthy Mix! All in all they are both amazing products that I would recommend to anyone! I cannot say enough good things about them :) AND they don't come with the high end price! Well done Bourjois!
Have you tried either of these foundations, what do you think? If not what are your favourite foundations? Let me know!

Stay Beautiful,
Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. i've never tried this make up brand even though i've seen it around. do you recommend it
    great post darling
    happy halloween
    Always following
    The Dolls Factory

    ReplyDelete